Thursday, October 16, 2008

Our recent move!

Adam just finished up the extended season for security systems in SLC. So we had to move by Tuesday from our apartment in SLC. WE were stressing really bad because we had no where to go and we were having a hard time finding a place. Finally after looking hard and driving around for hours we found a place in Pleasant Grove, Utah. It is between SLC and Provo. On Tuesday we went into the office later that afternoon and we filled out the whole paperwork thing and then they gave us our keys to our new place. When we had looked at the place they showed us only the model house, so of course it is nice. The girl also said what you see is what you get, little did we know. Before we went to our place in SLC we decided to stop by and look at the place. When we walked in the carpets were not livable for me. It looked like 50 toddlers were living there and the carpets was 30 years old. It was horrible!!! So we hurried and got in the truck and drove upfront to the office and the office was CLOSED!!!!! So we had to be out of our place Tuesday night and we were like crap we have no choice but to move everything in here tonight. So we went up to SLC packed all our stuff up, dropped the load off at our apartment, went and got Alaya at my sisters in Provo, back up to our apartment to put Alaya to bed. Adam then went back to SLC to get the rest of our stuff. He didnt get to our new place till 1:00 AM. I was so bored. I was trying not to fall asleep because I had to help Adam unload the truck. Any who... So we had to sleep on an air mattress that night. We woke up early the next morning (yesterday) to go talk to these people that said "what we see is what we get" and say we are not staying here. So we ended up having to wait an hour cause the lady wasn't in the office. Adam went and talked to her and she said "oh that apartments carpets haven't been cleaned yet, sorry" AGH!! So they ended up giving us a choice of 2 apartments we could choose from. So needless to say we had to move EVERYTHING into another apartment yesterday...

Once we got into our new apartment and unpacked as much as we could without falling asleep. Adam took a nap and I deep cleaned the whole place. Once Adam woke up he said "lets go to our storage and get our mattress, couch,table, and a few other things. So we get there and I'm having to help him lift all these heavy A things into our truck. On top of it our dresser scrapped skin off the top of my foot! AGHH!! So we got a load we started driving to our new place on the freeway and all of sudden I look back and I see our mattress and my cushions for my coush flying into the traffic behind us! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! Adam and I were freaking out!!!! It was rush hour too!! So we pull off the closes exit we can. Adam dropped Alaya and I off because all she was doing was screaming and it was driving both of us crazy. So Alaya and I stayed at my sisters while Adam went and got our cushions for our couch and the mattress was destroyed he said. So we are still sleeping on an air mattress. Last night I stayed up till 11 unpacking and getting everything situated. This morning I went grocery shopping and I have been just being a bum since. I'm so sore today haha!! And curious of what is going to happen to us next. We don't have the best luck with things as most of you know. Sorry this post was so long, hope some of you laughed cause now I can look back and laugh but at the time it was not FUN!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

r said...

WOW!! And YIKES!!! It is such a good thing that our perspective changes as time moves on and we can laugh later at what makes us cry now.

girltrapped said...

What a day! The whole time I was reading this I was just thinking how bad I wanted to come and help you!! So glad you things worked out! Love the zebra costume, it is so much fun to dress kids up! You just want to squeeze them!~